Creating a New Task
You can create a new task in two ways:
- Create a task from scratch
- Create a task using a task template
You can use the three-step wizard to create and assign a new task. All you have to do is select the products, followed by properties, and then assign the task to a member or a role.
To create a task from scratch:
- On the MANAGE tab, click Tasks.
- Click Assign New Task, and then click Assign Task from scratch.
A three-step wizard displays to guide your further steps.
- If you are looking for a specific product, use the search box.
- If you want to use the advanced filtering option to display relevant products, click Show Advanced Filters.
- If you want to use parent products, enable Group by Parent.
- Click the checkboxes to select the products.
- Click Next.
- If you are looking for a specific property, in the search box, search by product name.
- If you want to filter properties based on their property group, select the property group in the Property Groups list.
- If you want to filter by the data type of the property, in the Property Types list, select the data type.
- Click the checkboxes to select the properties.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the task.
- If you have instructions for your task, enter the instructions.
- Select member(s) and/or role(s) in the Assign task to list.
- Click Save and Assign Task.
The Task Listing page appears. An email is sent to the task assignee with all the necessary details.
For more information about creating tasks using task templates, see Create Task using a Task Templates.