Creating a Task using a Task Template
You can use the three-step wizard to create a task using a task template.
Note: If a member make changes to an existing task template, for example, adding or removing properties, the tasks created using the template before the template was changed will not be updated.
To create a task using a task template:
- On the MANAGE tab, click Tasks.
- Click Assign New Task, and then click Assign task using a task template.
A three-step wizard displays to guide your further steps.
Select Task Template:
- In the list, select the task template you want to use.
You can view the selected assignees and properties of the template.
- Click Next.
- If you are looking for a specific product, use the search box.
- If you want to use the advanced filtering option to display relevant products, click Show Advanced Filters.
- If you want to use parent products, enable Group by Parent.
- Click the check boxes to select the products.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the task.
- If you have instructions for your task, enter the instructions.
- In the Assign task to list, select member(s) and/or role(s).
- Click Save and Assign Task.
The Task Listing page appears. An email is sent to the task assignee with all the necessary details.
Note: When you are editing a task created by a task template, you cannot add more properties or roles.