Import File Best Practices
Importing files into Unbxd PIM is crucial to integrating your product information. Here are some best practices for preparing your import files, which will streamline the onboarding process and enhance operational efficiency.
Recommended Practices for Effective Import Sheets
- Sheet Tabs: Keep all your product data in the first tab of your spreadsheet. Spreading data across multiple tabs may lead to incorrect or outdated information being entered into the system.
- Unique Entries: Each row should correspond to a single product, ensuring uniqueness for each product entry.
- Column Headers: Every column must have a header, and the header row must be the first row of your import file.
- Special Characters: Avoid using the dot (.) and dollar ($) symbols in the column header name.
- Unique Product Identifiers: Each product should have a unique product ID or SKU ID. After setting the Product ID in the initial import, all subsequent imports must include the Product ID. There should also be a corresponding column for the Product Name. Although this is crucial in the first import, subsequent imports do not necessarily need to include the Product Name.
- Product Relationships: If related products exist, include a Parent ID column to map variant products automatically.
- Blank Rows or Columns: Ensure there are no blank rows or columns; check for duplicate records to avoid redundancy.
Sample Import File Formats
You can download sample file formats to help with your imports: