Import File Best Practices
Your import file is the gateway to integrating product information to Unbxd PIM. Before you get started with importing the first file, you can adhere to the following best practices. This would help us to quickly onboard your product information and contribute to improving operational efficiency of your organization.
Best practices for .CSV and .XLS files:
- Sheet tabs: Maintain all your product data in the first tab of your spreadsheet. Distributed data might cause entry of incorrect or outdated information into the system.
- One entry per product: Each row should be unique assigned to a single product.
- Column header: Each column should have a header. The header row must be the first row of your import file.
- Avoid these special characters: Avoid dot (.) and dollar ($) sign in the column header name.
- Unique product identifiers: Each product should be tied to a single unique product Id or an SKU Id. Once you set the Product Id in the initial import, your subsequent imports must have the Product Id. There should also be an equivalent column for Product Name.Though this is important in the first import, subsequent imports need not have Product Name.
- Product relationships: If there are related products, have the Parent ID column so that we can automatically map the variant products.
Sample Import File Formats: