Setting System Permissions for a Role
Apart from setting property permissions for a role, at a higher level, you can also set permissions for system level operations. This would help PIM users to have restricted access to different components of Unbxd PIM as per the diverse requirements of the organization. You can set permissions (Manage, Read Only, and Hide) for the following system level operations:
- Organization Setup
- Property Definitions
- Product Management
For example, if the system level operation “Product Management” is set to permission “Manage”, the respective role can perform all product related actions (add, edit, delete a product, and so on) in the Products Listing page. If the system level operation “Product Management” is set to permission “Read Only”, the respective role can only view product information in the Products Listing page. If the system level operation “Product Management” is set to permission “Hide”, the role will have no access to the Products Listing page.
To set system permissions:
- Click , and then click the View Organization link.
- Click Roles.
The Roles Listing page appears.
- Click for the role you want to edit.
- Click the System Permissions tab.
- If you are looking for a specific system level operation, in the search box, search by operation name.
- In the Permissions column, hover, and then click to set one of the following permissions for the system level operations:
- Read Only
- Click Update.